Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We’re leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are!
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
Senior Brand Manager Local Heritage
In Marketing, you’ll be the ones who first capture our consumers’ imaginations, giving them a tantalizing taste of our brands. You’ll work to help our brands stay relevant to consumers by developing and activating brand plans that capture their imagination, passion and loyalty.
Lead, develop and represent Local Heritage brands (focus on Master Brand Opavia) on local level. Ensure the strategic, execution and tactical aspects to deliver volume, net revenue, gross margin, market share and selected image attributes in both countries CZ/SK. Furthermore, be an active member of country/regional category team, and create and share best practices.
- Develop a marketing strategy together with Associate Marketing Director, in line with the MEU objectives in order to ensure a development of Local Heritage portfolio. Focus on Master Brand Opavia
- Independently convert the agreed category marketing strategy into the portfolio related activities
- Develop consumer, competition & market insight via regular observation and analysis of the market and competitors, early recognition of changing market situations and recommendation of appropriate marketing action
- Manage launch of New Product Development on the market.
- Monitor project budget, timings and control project performance for brand / all category brands
- Propose the budget and forecast for brand / all category brands in due time, based on the relevant documents: Volume (Local Heritage portfolio) –sales forecast, Market shares – Advertising and promotion plan, Distribution, Market research, Changes, improvements on adaptations required on the product (recipe, quality, packaging, etc.)
- Monitor profitability of Local Heritage portfolio
- Apply Mdlz policies and procedures in Local Heritage brand management
- Effectively manage the direct report (1 Junior Brand Manager) in terms of coaching & motivation
- Know the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position; lead ethically and model compliant behaviour; maintain an environment where employees can speak up without fear of retaliation; ensure employees in area of responsibility understand the compliance responsibilities of their jobs and actively participate in the compliance program.
- University education (bachelor´s degree or equivalent), ideally with specialization in Marketing or Business Administration
- Up-to-date knowledge of consumer products markets, including advertising, distribution channels and similar
- Proactive – extrovert type of person, pro active communicator, easy to work with
- Likes changes – in turbulent environment is flexible and not rigid in business decisions being able give opinion quickly, in line with brand strategy
- Team player – good at team work, motivate direct reports, ability to develop empathy with different kind of people (marketing team members, finance, agencies, suppliers, etc.) at different levels (collaborator, client, etc...)
- People management skills (ideally managed at least one ABM / JBM)
- Solid strategic thinking skills
- Focus on Results (up to the point of execution of developed strategies & NPD and brand activities)
- Brand Strategy Development and portfolio strategy management
- Strong analytical (numerical) skills, ability to quickly assess data from different sources
- Understanding of the media process and knowledge of Czech and Slovak media market
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Real minimum is 5 years of experience in a commercial function of a FMCG company, ideally in Marketing
- Thorough understanding of business in Czech & Slovak Republics
- Big advantage is management of local brands & NPD of local brands (from concept to launch)
- Project management & leadership of cross – functional teams
- Fluent English – spoken & written
- Czech or Slovak is advantage
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills. In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer top attractive social benefits:
- 5 weeks holidays
- Contribution to pension fund
- Life insurance
- Sick days
- Meal vouchers and other benefits (sport, culture, health etc.)
ContactMondelez Czech Republic s.r.o.